Jr. High jams to get you through today
This is a random post, but thought I'd share it because I'm procrastinating editing 2 weddings and a couple other sessions. I get myself in these moods sometimes and I just can't focus down and get anything done.
It seems like all we do nowadays is argue and be pissed off... have you noticed? Our world is full of so much anger, frustration, and downright negativity. Anytime another human actually does something remotely right, we have to celebrate and glorify it because it's just such a rarity.
The other day, I was cleaning my kitchen with my headphones in and started on some Summer Hits of the 2000s, pandora style. I got so nostalgic in a hurry and it was honestly awesome. I remembered the pre-abusive Chris Brown and my closet love of pre-pubescent Justin Bieber. So, once again, I decided to avoid doing any actual work and created a list of some of my favorite jams from 7th-10th grade.
I picked this time frame because anything before that was just stuff my parents listened too (with the exception of the Cheetah girls) and I feel like I changed so much between 10th & 11th grade it just wasn't the same. 7th-10th grade seems to be a time whenever we are still finding ourselves and learning so much about life, without the actual stressors and outside worries aside from that English paper that has to be AT LEAST 4 pages double spaced, due tomorrow.
A little bit of context about my list, and where I was living. Cultural influence and friendships play a role in your interests, and as I tried to create this list, I found that the different places I lived changed the music I was listening to. In 7th grade, I went to an all-girls catholic school in Rochester, NY which I took 2 school busses and one city bus to get to, adding up to about an hour 20 minute ride across town. We lived in a crappy little rental in the city and all that time on the bus with my turquoise iPod mini sure added up. 8th grade, we moved to a suburb of the city, Greece, NY and I attended a large public school there. Greece Arcadia. I was still pretty influenced by my mom's diverse music interests as well as those of my peers. Of course, I was filled with a lot of uncalled for attitude and anger which definitely played a role as well. 9th&10th grade were spent in Kittanning, and at KHS.. Going from an urban area to a little tiny hicktown definitely influenced my jams.
Here's a photo of me from 7th grade. yeah, all I did was play softball and eat and complain that my boobs weren't very big.
So, here's the list. Here's to turner's tea from the vending machine, jersey shore, first kisses, Voyager's & EnV's, myspace, prank calls, and that god awful blue mascara paired with wayyyyyyy too much black eyeliner.
1. Promiscuous-Nelly Furtado
2. The Way I Are- Timbaland
3. Don't Matter-Akon
4. Hey There Delilah- Plain White T's
5. The Future Sex/Love Sounds album by Justin Timberlake
6. Stronger- Kanye West
7. Wall to Wall- Chris Brown
8. Kiss Kiss- Chris Brown
9. A Milli- Lil Wayne
10. The ENTIRE No Ceilings Mixtape
11. No Pity for a Coward- Suicide Silence
12. Lips of an Angel- Hinder
13. Second Chance- Shinedown
14. Out Here Grinding- DJ Khaled
15. Whatever You Like- TI
16. Goodies- Ciara
17. DIrrty- Christina Aguilera
18. Lose My Breath- Destiny's Child
19. This is the New Shit- Marilyn Manson
20. All Hope is Gone- Slipknot
21. Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
22. Umbrella- Rihanna
23. Sideways- Dierks Bentley
24. Kerosene- Miranda Lambert
25. Disturbia- Rihanna
26. Temperature- Sean Paul
27. Literally anything by Bullet For My Valentine (still one of my favorites ever)
28. Paralyzer- Finger Eleven
29. Take You There- Sean Kingston
30. Beautiful Girls- Sean Kingston
31. Whine Up- Kat Deluna
32. Low-Flo Rida
33. Lollipop- Lil Wayne
34. Touch my Body- Mariah Carey
35. Damaged- Danity Kane
36. What You Know- TI
37. Miley Cyrus- but like Hannah Montana era
38. London Bridge- Fergie
39. Burnin Up- Jonas Brothers
40. Mud On the Tires- Brad Paisley
41. Tom Sawyer- Rush (random, but I liked the old stuff too)
42. Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard
43. White Liar- Miranda Lambert
44. All Summer Long- Kid Rock
45. Caribou Lou- Tech N9ne
46. Big Green Tractor- Jason Aldean
47. Early Brantley Gilbert Jams
48. Womanizer- Britney Spears
49. Up n Down- Britney Spears
50. Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
51. An Ocean Between Us- As I Lay Dying
52. Live your Life- Rihanna & TI
53. Empire State of Mind- Jay-z & Alicia Keys
54. How Do You Sleep?- Jesse McCartney
55. This Fire- Killswitch Engage
56. Sugar, We're Goin Down- Fall out Boy
57. Okay, anything FOB or MCR.
58. Misery Business- Paramore
59. I have generally always had an affinity for Korn.
60. Ke$ha- Tik Tok (Is it sad I like this Ke$ha better than the new one?)
61. Katy Perry- I Kissed a Girl
I know I missed sooooo many, but this is all I felt like writing down on notebook paper.
What are some of your faves? Why do you love them?
Join the discussion... I want to hear!
Thanks for checking out the blog. I hope this songs make your day a little bit better!